If you are selling your home in Indiana, you may get something in the mail from a home buyer who buys houses as-is for cash. This type of real estate deal, known as a cash home sale, is a private real estate transaction between a home buyer and a seller. The buyer appraises the house and makes an offer to buy the house for cash in its current condition.
A cash home sale may be a viable option if you need to sell your house fast but don’t have the time or money to hire an agent and list the house on the market. Fortunately, there is no shortage of local home buyers in Northern Indiana. However, you will need to decide if you want to work with a national home buyer or a local home buyer. Below, we compare the two and show the pros and cons of each.
National Home Buyers
A national home buyer is an individual or house-buying company that buys houses in multiple real estate markets across the US. The buyer is often looking for specific homes or sellers and is expecting a certain outcome from the transaction. There are pros and cons to selling your house to a national home buyer.
- A national home buyer has extensive resources.
- National home buyers can often provide flexible terms and options.
- You can sell your house fast without any emotional attachments.
- You may prefer a discrete home sale with someone outside your city.
- If you prefer a personal touch, you may not get it from a national buyer.
- A national home buyer doesn’t know your real estate market.
- There may be trust issues with a buyer you don’t have personal interaction with.
- There is little accountability with a home buyer in another part of the country.
Local Home Buyers
A local home buyer is an individual or house-buying company in Indiana that buys in or near your real estate market. The buyer works with home sellers in Northern Indiana and knows the real estate market well. There are pros and cons to selling your house to a local home buyer in Indiana.
- If you want a personal touch, you will get it from a local home buyer.
- A local buyer knows the Northern Indiana real estate market.
- You can benefit from the buyer’s extensive local network.
- Local buyers can build credibility and demonstrate accountability.
- A local buyer may have limited resources to buy your house.
- There may be fewer qualified buyers to choose from in your market.
Which Type of Buyer Is Better for Me?
When choosing between a local home buyer and a national home buyer, there are some questions you should ask yourself.
Who Do You Trust?
Do your research before choosing a house-buying company. Look for online presence, especially customer ratings and reviews. Get referrals from previous sellers. Understand the company’s buying process and any legalities that can hinder the sale. The most trustworthy company deserves consideration regardless of whether they are local or national.
Which Home Buyer Gives You the Best Offer?
Even if you are a desperate home seller trying to get out of your home, you should still try to get the best price for your house. Try to get multiple offers from both local and national buyers. If you trust the buyer and you can sell your house fast, go with the best offer that puts more money in your pocket at the lowest expense.
Which Home Buyer Solves Your Problem?
The best offer doesn’t always create the best situation. If you need to sell your house fast, you may be looking for a quick solution even if the offer isn’t as high. If you are going through bankruptcy, foreclosure, divorce, probate, or another hardship, you may want to go with the buyer that helps you with your situation with the least amount of financial or legal harm.
Sell Your House Fast in Northern Indiana
If you need to sell your house fast but still owe money on your mortgage your best option is a cash home sale. HouseMart can buy your house as-is and pay cash for the property. We can assess your home’s market value, make a fair cash offer, and close in as little as seven to 21 days. You can sell your house right now with no strings attached. Call 219-230-8735 to get a fast cash offer on your house.